Neil Lennon gave an update on the club’s January plans ahead of Wednesday afternoon’s clash with Dundee United.
The Northern Irishman confirmed that the club won’t be looking to sign a goalkeeper in January, due to the progression of Conor Hazard.
The Hoops had been linked with moves for former shot-stopper Fraser Forster and Dundee United’s Benjamin Siegrist, however, it appears as if the club will stick with Hazard, Vasilis Barkas and Scott Bain.
Lennon also admitted that no player will be sold unless an incredible offer comes in during the winter window.
Numerous first-team stars have been linked with switches away from Parkhead in the New Year.
Those comments from Lennon were shared on social media by Sky Sports reporter Anthony Joseph on Tuesday afternoon.
Celtic boss Neil Lennon said the club are not looking to sign a goalkeeper in January, as he is happy with the progression of Conor Hazard.
He also said no-one will be sold, unless an incredible offer comes in for a player.
More on @SkySportsNews.
— Anthony Joseph (@AnthonyRJoseph) December 29, 2020
This is what these Hoops fans had to say to the update.
Twitter: pain https://t.co/HUtW4qlMPB (@SamuelACasey)
Twitter: @AnthonyRJoseph @SkySportsNews Either he’s lying to give the players here right now confidence that they are not ge… https://t.co/2Gc8DlRDQX (@MarkTiernan31)
Twitter: @AnthonyRJoseph @SkySportsNews Joke of a statement, joke of a manager (@freddyw1888)
Twitter: @AnthonyRJoseph @SkySportsNews The guys clueless if he’s no looking to sign anyone (@GordoMcC7)
Twitter: @AnthonyRJoseph @SkySportsNews we really need a goalkeeper (@Ronan28716773)
Twitter: @AnthonyRJoseph @SkySportsNews When a manager is leaving at the end off the season (Like Gordon Strachan) he will g… https://t.co/l3CmyO7AIk (@derekc78)